Monday, August 5, 2013

Summer Update and Bathroom Redo Sneak Peek

 
 
"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born, a time to die,
a time to plant, a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away.
a time to tear down, and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace."
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8


These verses sure describe this summer for my family.  It has been a time for these things.  July saw the loss of three people who were so significant to the faith of both my husband and I; this was a time of mourning.  I feel so blessed to have known them... and although I know death is not the end... not the final word... still. there is mourning and sorrow in losing them for now.

We also have had lots of joy and rejoicing during this season... kids going to camp, beach time, pool time, movies, ice cream, laughter, singing, dreaming, creating, and more.

There has been a time for my husband to build up a workshop space for himself... and a time for me to declutter and paint our bathroom. I have learned to spackle too!  And, I have learned that fixing up an old home comes in stages and is done a little at a time... I mean, who has the time or money to do it all at once?  I am learning to enjoy that process and bloom in the transformation.  Here is a little sneak peek at our bathroom update... I will share more later this week.

BEFORE:

 
 
 
 

 AFTER:

 
 
 
 
 
We have rejoiced in times with family and friends... and a surprise getaway for our 20th anniversary...
 
My husband has been working on our garden (he has the green thumb in the family) and we have helped with weeding and there has just now begun some harvesting... gardening is good for the soul... it teaches us so many lessons about sowing and reaping, good fruits and weeds, soils that helps grow and that which destroys...
 
Now we are regrouping at our house after some adventures... and getting ready for VBS... and decluttering... and more painting... and the list goes on...
 
Well, this has been my rambling to catch up... hope your summer is going well and that you are blooming where you are planted!
 
 
Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!