Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday - and a Proverb to Clothe Yourself In

Good Morning!  Linking up with Lindsay from The Pleated Poppy for  What I Wore Wednesday.  I think as women we tend to compare ourselves to others and also we can be our harshest critics.  We pick ourselves apart at times... and see every flaw.  You know the inner dialogue; it goes something like this... "If only I was thinner, taller, prettier... or had curlier or straighter hair... if only I looked like her (whoever her may be".   The details may be a little different but you get the picture.   I don't think that is what God wants for us.  We are His creations... He made us well in His image.  And so, I am trying to put a little effort into my outfits each day... it makes me feel good. Instead of seeing all of my flaws, I am trying to be thankful for who God made me to be.   I want to do this for myself, my husband, and my family.  And, I am risky feeling a little bit vulnerable by putting my pictures on here with my outfits in the hopes I can encourage you. 

This "putting ourselves together"  doesn't have to cost a lot of money.  Just use what you have... mix and match... try to wear different things together.  Try... what is the worst that can happen.  I have had some fashion fails for sure:)  And you know what... that is okay.  If you are not sure where to start, try looking at someone whose fashion sense you like... not to copy them but to be inspired.

Posting my oufits each week also helps me to realize how blessed I am to have the clothes I do but also points out to me that I have more than I need.   Instead of buying more and more, mixing and matching what I have keeps things fresh and taps into creativity.  Most of my clothes are either thrifted or bought a super low prices... you don't have to spend a lot on what you wear so don't let a limited budget stop you.

Here are some recent outfits:




comfy outfit for a long drive to pick up my two oldest from camp...
adding a pretty necklace and earrings, and a couple of bracelets
makes a simple outfit just a little nicer





my dear husband surprised me with an overnight trip to a nearby inn to celebrate our 20th anniversary... this outfit was perfect for brunch...
 I have never worn this outfit with the skirt and scarf so it was fun to mix it up



isn't the room so pretty?




this picture is blurry but I love this maxi skirt I got at a thrift store last summer



I usually wear this dress with leggings and flats or boots..
thought I would try it with sandals this time


And, here is a Proverb to clothe yourself in since true beauty comes from deep within:

I will instruct you in the way of wisdom
and lead you along straight paths.
Proverbs 4:11


Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen





No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!