Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday - and a Proverb to Clothe Yourself In

Linking up with Lindsay from The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday!  Here is where we ladies can encourage each other to take a few minutes each day in getting ourselves ready.  Add a pretty necklace, bracelet, or scarf to what you are wearing... or try a new hairstyle that flatters you.  There are no rules except putting a little effort into what you wear.  It is easy, especially for us mamas, to put ourselves last.  This is a way to take care of ourselves a little and I promise, you will feel differently! 

Here are some recent outfits:



 
My coral scarf is actually from The Pleated Poppy
 I got it last year and love, love, love it!  The color is my favorite and quality is wonderful!
The jeans are brandy new from a thrift store... under $7 and brand new:)
My top is thrifted as well... and I love the shimmer to it
 
 

 
I have had this black and gold scarf for several years...
this is the first time I paired it with this skirt (made by me)...
it was fun trying a different combo
 
 

 
I got this striped shirt on clearance at H&M for $7...
 it is so comfortable and I love the way it fits and looks
 
 
 

 
I got this Ralph Lauren 100% silk shirt when thrifting recently. 
It is so super comfortable and love it paired with skinny jeans, leopard print flats,
 and some sparkly jewelry that I made
 
 
 
I hope you will join me in this challenge to take a few minutes each day for yourself.    Don't compare yourself to anyone else... you are so wonderfully made and beautiful! 
 
And since true beauty starts from within, here is a Proverb to clothe yourself in:
 
For the Lord detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence.

 
The Lord's curse is on the house of the wicked but he blesses the home of the righteous
 
Proverbs 3:32-33
 
 
 
Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!