"Rejoice always, praying constantly, give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Each day I am learning that these words are so much more than a guide for us from The Lord; the are a gift... a life-giving gift. They remind me Whom I belong to... Who is really in control... what is really important... how the Lord provides. When I do this, God's whispers become oh so sweet!
So, I am unwrapping this gift. I hope you will too!
Here are just a few things I am thankful for lately:
- my job as a teacher... I feel truly blessed to be able to teach little ones
- the women I work with... lovely and talented
- a clean and organized classroom all ready for the new school year
- my home... it may be a messy and out of order with the start of school, but it is a place full of love
- These three crazy, wonderful, talented kiddos... I am so blessed to be their mama!
- harvest from our garden
- my crockpot... it is such a big help with cooking on busy days!
- moments with my husband in this crazy life of ours
- music class with Kindergarteners... on the first day, the director of our school handed me a Bible from our school office because I wanted to share Zephaniah 3:17 with the children... when I opened it up, there was my mom's signature... she has been gone for 4 years and this was a gift from above
No matter what is going on with your life, there is so much to be thankful for... big and small. Let the words from 1 Thessalonians change you as they are changing me!
Praying you have many blessings and much joy!