Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Gratitude Is A Gift

Pausing right here in this frenzied Fall season to reflect and be grateful.  The more I seek to discipline myself to pause and give thanks, the more I see that these words from Thessalonians  "Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of  God in Christ Jesus for you" are a gift.  Yes, this is God's will for us; yet, this is not just another thing to add to our ever-growing "to-do list".  Yes, this rejoicing, praying, and giving thanks requires time and effort on our part; yet this is truly a gift to us.  It stops us in our tracks, puts God and ourselves in the proper position, and it brings us into His Presence.  This is what we are meant for... This gift of being in relationship with Christ... step by step... day by day... moment by moment.

So here are a few things I am thankful for:

- God loves me just as as I am... Sinful and selfish, the good and the bad of me, unconditionally
- laughter... The laughter shared between my husband and I, laughter in my children, laughter from the children I teach, and even laughter at myself ... the older I get the easier that is
- beautiful September days and the cool nights for sleeping
- my health... So easy to take for granted
- my sweet dog Sadie... She is a love
- dear friends both old and new
- song
- coffee in the morning
- a surprise bouquet of flowers in a mason jar
- extra time with my girls who each had a sick day with colds
- talking with my son in the car as we drive home from band practice at school
-sunflowers... This time do year, there are so many in bloom... They are my favorites... I think they are God's most joyful flowers
- provision ...God's math is not the same as my math
- seeing my kids using their creativity
- amazing youth leaders for my kids... Their mentoring and care is such a blessing

What are you thankful for today?  "Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances" ... Take this gift and unwrap it for that is truly what these words are meant for!

Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!