Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ceiling Fan Facelift

Here is a quick, easy, and frugal way to spruce up a worn looking ceiling fan...

I love old things... with character... but this fan didn't have any of that.   I tried adding a drum shade which added a certain amount of charm... until my children grew taller and kept walking into it...

So. I had a few choices... live with it... replace it... or improve it...

Here is what the fan blades looked like to begin with


 
See what I mean?  No character...just old and ugly!
 


I headed out to Joann Fabrics and picked up some spray paint...  I ended up with this textured brown... okay, that is not the official color name... but you get the picture...





this side by side comparison shows a big difference even with just a coat or two of paint




I put the fan blades back up after a few coats of paint and already I liked the change





With the new paint job, the old globes looked a lot better... now this old fan had character...






no more worn out ugly ceiling fan for my kitchen... you can see a sneak peek of the new paint on the walls too:)



This little update cost a total of $5.00 (plus tax) for a whole lot of charm.  Now that is what I call a good DIY project!

Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!