Wednesday, October 23, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday - And a Proverb to Clothe Yourself In

It has been while since I have joined in with the fun with Lindsay from The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday  You ladies are all precious daughter's of The Lord.   Take a few minutes to put yourself together each day and I promise you will feel different.  True beauty comes from deep within yourself and permeates out.  That being said, if you take a few minutes to choose your outfits, you will notice a difference in how your carry yourself.  This has been so evident to me in the last couple of weeks.  I had an eye injury and was feeling off with my sore eye and blurred vision.  Since I was home from work for a couple of days, I figured wearing sweats would be just fine... but I that only made me feel worse.  So, I put some effort back into my outfits, and you know what?  I did feel a bit better.  Try it... honestly, it changes how you feel...

Here are some recent outfits...


oh how I love wearing boots in the Fall and Winter!






Even on a run around day with sneakers and a comfy shirt,
 adding a necklace and hair clip make an outfit a little special...




or adding a pretty fabric flower pin and some earrings...





This outfit is so cozy and comfy... and way cuter than sweats!




Here are a couple of ways I have worn this pretty gold sweater...




And, changing up the shoes and scarves make this combination a little different (love these new colored jeans and I got them on clearance for under $8! which makes me love them even more!)...



I love cardigans too...
they are the perfect layering piece and can be worn with so many things!


(my husband and I went apple picking recently...
oh, what a glorious Autumn day and the sunflowers make me smile!)


And, here is a Proverb to clothe your soul in...


"Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you;
    love her, and she will watch over you."
Proverbs 4:6



So,. will you join me in this challenge?  I don't care if you are young or old... the weight you want to be or not... short or tall... wishing you had different hair... different colored eyes... or just plain different... Instead, let's see ourselves as a precious child of God.  You are loved and you are beautiful!  Take a few minutes each day to first clothe yourself in God's Word... then put on something a little special!

Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!