Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Back in the Blog

September and the start of the school year came on fast and furious.  The pace has been exhausting; I was not made for this.  I wonder if anyone is made for this flurry of activity... this racing around like chickens with our heads cut off... running as if our very lives depended on it.  I wonder how much we take for granted when we go at such a pace.  Now that October is here, we are settling into more manageable routine for which I am thankful.  And, I am seeing in so many ways I takes things for granted ... I can be blind to so many blessings as I go at full-speed.  I need to heed these words in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.  "Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances.  For this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."  Always... Constantly... In all circumstances.    This is a daily surrendering of my will, my plans, and my ways in exchange for The Lord's ways.  A lesson this complacent heart needs to learn over and over again.

Here are a few things I am thankful for:

- Jesus loves me always ... no matter what
- He will never ever leave or forsake me
- He provides is ways far beyond what I could ever ask or imagine
-  my husband and three precious children (two teens and one preteen in all their growing and changing)
- extended family and dear friends
- my eyesight - this week I suffered an eye injury affecting my sight ... I am healing but this was a good reminder of how blessed I am every day to see
- music ... Songs of praise to The Lord... my son's trumpet playing in the high school marching band, preschool children singing and playing instruments with joy, my three kids singing in the car with me at the top of our lungs
- cool Autumn nights to sleep well
- warm sweater and blankets
- changing leaves... This fiery art gallery given to us by Our Creator each year
The list goes on...

I am learning as I follow the words given to us in Scripture we are giving gift and offering to The Lord: We acknowledge His holiness and Lordship, express our gratitude, and keep in constant communication and contact with Jesus.  And this offering in turn, in God's mysterious ways, becomes a gift to us... drawing us into His arms, filling us with joy, and growing our gratefulness for all He is and all He has done for us.

What blessings are our you thankful for today?

Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!