Monday, June 24, 2013

A Little Organizing in the Fridge

Well Good Morning!  I'm back to blogging!  The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of activity for end of the school year events.  Between my school and my three kids' schools, there has been little time for blogging and anything extra.  I did find time to squeeze in a little organizing project I wanted to share with you.

Our fridge is just the right size for our cottage kitchen but can get cluttered up and disorganized very quickly with five people using it.  I knew we needed a better system for keeping it organized.... and I wanted to do it on a little budget.  Organizging and making a space look good doesn't have to take a ton of time or cost a lot of money.  Just tackling one area at at time can make a huge difference!

Here is what our fridge looked like before I got to it:


it was hard to find anything in it


So, I took a quick trip to our local dollar store and then got cracking.  I first took everything out... threw out scary spoiled food science projects and washed down the shelves and drawer.  Then I put things in general categories and put them in these cute bins.  I have seen them all over but wasn't willing to pay the price until I saw these at the dollar store... don't you just love the color?


I don't think this picture does the color justice:)


To help us keep things in their place, I found some pretty vintage labels on-line to print out.




you can find them here... they come in a few pretty colors and are editable!  
I printed them on plain white paper and laminated them but you could use labels ... 
I adhered mine with my glue gun... this way I can easily remove and replace them if need be


The whole project cost me $5 and change...  small cost but big impact.  Gotta love that!  And, it is saving us money... now that everything is organized, I can find what I need easily and leftovers are used up instead of wasted.  

Hope this inspires you to tackle an area in your house!

Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen









No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!