Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday - And a Proverb to Clothe Yourself In

Linking up again with Lindsay, from The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday.  Each week this post is to encourage you to take a few minutes and dress yourself up a bit.  A pretty outfit and an accessory or two.  You are worth it!  And, so is your family.  It doesn't cost a lot... for the summer. I only bought new shorts since my old ones no longer fit :) .  Other than that, I am shopping my closet, mixing and matching... trying new things.  Try it... I promise you will be glad you did!

Here are some outfits from the week...


everything here is from my closet except a new fun bracelet and shorts...
I searched high and low for nice shorts that were reasonably priced
 and long enough but not frumpy - finally found them at Wal-Mart




thrifted dress... what a difference a week makes -
 one week ago, I was in tights, boots, a dress, and warm sweater
this week it was a sundress and flip flops for this girl



my youngest loves to do hair and makeup on her sister and I ... 
very fun for me since I grew up with all brothers.  




feeling a bit tired this day... yep, the end of the school year flurry is in full-force!
another pair of new shorts from Wal-Mart...
 I love the color... oh, that coral makes me smile... every time!


And, since true beauty come from deep inside our hearts and souls, here is a Proverb to clothe yourself in:

"My child, don't reject the Lord's discipline,
and don't be upset when He corrects you.
For the Lord corrects those He loves,
just as a father corrects a child in whom he delights"
Proverbs 3:11-12

~powerful stuff

So, clothe yourself first in Him, and then take a few minutes each day to put yourself together.  Experiment a little.  I promise you will feel good because you did.  You are beautiful!

Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Great Proverb! Thank you! Found you via The Pleated Poppy!

    http://www.themummychronicles.com/2013/06/watcha-wearing-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you all!