Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tortoise Tuesday - Countdown to Summer




Wow, May and June are such a whirlwind each year.  Between my own children and all of their end of the year events and my own class, I feel like I am on the go and inundated with things that need to get done, supplies that need to be purchased, and events that need to be attended.  And, most of it is good... wonderful even.  Time to complete hard work and then celebrate all that the school year has entailed.  There is no pacing it out here... it is just pure go... go... go!  Do you ever feel that way?  I don't care if you send you kids to school or you home school, or if you are a teacher yourself (inside or outside of the home).   This is a time needing stamina and grit.  I want us all to finish strong but I can see it in myself, in my own children, in the children I teach, and in their parents.  We are all feeling ready for the countdown to summer to finish and for us to be there... to slow down... to stop running... and, instead, soak up the sun and the slower barefoot days ahead.  

So here's to all you mamas out there, and students, and teachers... you can do it!  You are almost there... take a deep breath, pray hard, give thanks, and take it on step at a time.  I say this as much for myself as for you!   Enjoy the crazy ride... hang on... and know I am counting down with you!

Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!