Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Eucharisteo - Giving Thanks



"Rejoice Always, pray Constantly, give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is the will of God is Christ Jesus for you."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


Day by day, this is what I am learning to do.  One step forward; two steps back.  Being molded and made more and more into who God wants me to be.  

I just finished One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  It is a powerful, poetic book filled with a bundle of wisdom.  It is not a fast read by any means.  It is one that needs to be contemplated and savored one bit at a time.   Ann Voskamp takes a challenge to search for "gifts" from the Lord each and everyday... in the big and small... in joy and sorrow.  Being in the here and now... opening your eyes to see is right in front of you regardless of circumstance.  Looking and really seeing gifts that are everywhere.  It is finding the vision to see clearly where and what they are.  Over and over Voskamp see Eucharisteo being lived out in her life by recording gifts in a journal.  Eucharisteo is from the Greek word eucaristeo - meaning "giving thanks", "to be grateful".   You can learn more about One Thousand Gifts here.  And, read her online journal at A Holy Experience.  It is to me a confirmation of what I have felt called to do over and over again in my life... give thanks... always. 

Here are some things I am grateful for this week - eucharisteo indeed!





humor - 
found this on Facebook today  at KLOVE's Scott and Kelli's page
 made my kids and I laugh so hard... 
which is so good as we are in the home stretch of school






this pool and fun times cooling of in the summer with my kids and friends
we had a couple of holes but they are patched and the pool is filled





a sweet beaded necklace made by one of my students... so sweet!  
My class knows I love anything beaded and the gift of a child is so precious!




baking and eating yummy treats... 
this week the pantry is low as we are in the school year end flurry of activity 
and the budget is tight with all of the activities... 
so thankful for finding the ingredients to make corn muffins, granola bars, and banana muffins






gorgeous flowers given to me by another sweet student... 
my table looks so pretty and the blooms are glorious... 
what a precious gift from a little one!


So, what are you thankful for?  Where can you practice Eucharisteo in your life?  

Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen







No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!