Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday

God is molding me and making me... always.  I am glad He is not done with me yet.  The following verses have been echoed in my life lately... over and over I hear the command...

 
"Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances;
 for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
 

And so I go... opening my eyes to The Lord's work in my life and blessing that abound.  This task set before us is oh so easy when things are going our way... but when we encounter bumps, struggles, roadblocks... well then, it is not so easy to see.  That is when following these words is even more important... in the rejoicing, praying, and giving thanks, that is where we are changed and The Lord speaks to us... quiets our souls... reassures His children that indeed, He is with us.... watching over us and carrying us step of the way.

Here are some things I am thankful for this week....

  • a quiet morning talk with my eldest... a rare occasion with two teens and one preteen in the house
  • staying up late watching retro TV with my children on a summer night
  • a precious little girl, Sarah, gets her answer... a forever home with dear friends... the Lord heard her request and the prayers of many on her behalf!!!!
  • time alone to read the Word, pray, and drink my coffee before the rest of the house is up
  • our sweet dog, Sadie... she is such a love
  • our home... this sweet old cottage we live ... laughter, tears, joys, sorrows. growing pains, praise, prayer, and rejoicing
  • floating in the pool with my husband, catching up on the day
  • being home with my three children in the summer... the are growing so fast... this fall I will have two in high school... these moments are precious
  • eating the first green beans on the season from our garden
  • prayer... being able to go right to Jesus with everything... praying for others and having them pray for us... it binds us together as nothing can.

A grateful heart grows us more and more into who the Lord wants us to be.... it builds trust in Him... it helps us relinquish control to God instead of leaning into our self-reliance.  

So, tell me... what are you thankful for today?

Praying you have many blessings and much joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!