Saturday, April 6, 2013

Do Not Be Anxious - Faith-filled Friday (a day late)

"Do not be anxious about anything,
 but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,
 present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
 will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7
 
 
Yesterday was a stressful day... by the end of the day, I was worn out... depleted. weary.  A couple of situations weighed heavily on my mind.  Hard situations involving people I love.  Situations, I could do nothing about.. I struggled, I cried, I prayed... but still there it sat heavy on my shoulders and there was nothing I could do to help. I prayed about these situations - I did.   But, I didn't let go of them completely and hand them over to the One who could do something about them.  See, I don't want to see people I love suffer.  The mother in me wants to help, nurture, fix.  While, those traits may seem admirable, really they are not if not first surrendered to Jesus.  That is why I had no peace.  I was anxious and stressed.  I was trying to do things on my own strength.  Do you ever do that? 
In Philippians, we are told to not be anxious but rather pray, request, ,and give thanks to the Lord.  In doing this, we surrender control of what hold to so dearly and place it in the hands of Jesus - where it should be anyway.  Our emotions give us good clues that tell us if we are surrendering situations to Him or clinging too tightly.  This is not to say that once we pray and surrender things that we will no longer feel stress.  Stress is a normal feeling.  It does however mean, that once we truly leave things in Jesus' hands - we will feel that peace.  It is supernatural this peace that "transcends" understanding.  So today, I am doing just that knowing and trusting Jesus's hands are the best place to be.

Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!