Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tortoise Tuesday - Taking a break refreshes you!

Ah, it is good to be back after a few days away with my family!   In my effort to get so much done, I sometimes forget to step back, rest, and be refreshed.  Before I left for vacation, I was depleted.  Taking a step back was the cure for that.

I went up to Swanzey Lake in NH with my family and lost track of time.  It was wonderful!  I didn't bring a watch and our days were full of rest, reading, exploring, and family fun.   We had no t.v. and I have to say, I did not miss it at all.

It's hard to be stressed when this is your view each day...





and this is where you take your daily walks...





I took the time to notice little wonders of beauty around me...




I sat and just enjoyed God's beauty...







there was time to build a fairy house with my youngest while we explored the woods and found a cool creek one day...





I even blew bubbles on the beach... what a simple delight from childhood - why do we forget to play when we grow up?....





I got to spend a lot of time with my blessings...




Most importantly, I cast aside the noises of my everyday life and was able to hear God's small still voice in my heart.

So, on this Tortoise Tuesday,  I encourage you to take breaks along the way.  It doesn't have to be a few days away but can be pockets throughout your days and weeks.  Breathe.  Read.  Pray.  Listen.  Hear.  See.

Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!