Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tortoise Tuesday - Priorities

As a woman, I often feel deluged with requests and things to do - and not enough to time to do them all. Many of those things seem good...noble even.  But if I am not intentional about my priorities, I am missing out on what is most important for the sake of "good things".

This is what I want my priorities to be (in order of importance):

~ God first, always
~ my husband and our marriage
~ my children and raising them as God wants me to
~ my home and making it a welcoming place of love and safety
~ my work - teaching children is my passion whether at school or youth group
~exercise
~ this blog
~ creative outlets

This, however, doesn't always happen due to so many variables.  If I am not intentional, life takes hold and I am soon running and putting out fires... just trying to keep my head above water.  Every time I say "yes" to one thing, I say "no" to another. The older I get, the more I am learning this lesson.  My stress level is one pretty reliable indicator if I am keeping my priorities in proper order or if I am neglecting one area in favor of another.  When I am keeping my priorities in their rightful spot, I have peace.  Yes, there may be stress but there is also peace.  When my priorities are out of order, high stress and a lack of peace ensues.

The last two weeks, my priorities have been in a jumble.  So, today I am taking a breath and reflecting on my priorities and commitments.  This verse is helping me.

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness,
 and all these things will be given to you as well. 
Matthew 6:33

What are your priorities?  How to you keep them in order in your life?  I would love to hear from you.  You can leave comments right in the comment section at the end of this post.

Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen





No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!