Friday, April 12, 2013

Faith-Filled Friday - Weary and Burdened

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.   For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30


Merriam-Webster's Dictionary defines weary as: exhausted in strength, endurance, vigor,  or freshness and burden(ed) as:  bearing a load.  These definitions describe how I am feeling lately.  Some days are that way.  Do you ever feel This way?  I think we all do at times.  

Feeling depleted.   This is actual a good place to be.  Sounds crazy right?  But it is.

Jesus came and lived among us as a man.  He knew what is was like to  feel the need to break away from daily work (he was a carpenter after all).  On top of that He was the Messiah.  He came to love and free us.  He also knew that there were times he needed to get away from the crowds and go to a quiet place and pray.  He also took time to relax and celebrate with friends like Mary, Martha, and Lazarus.  That is why these verses from Matthew soothe my soul.  Jesus knows me fully well as His child and He knows my limitations.  And, the promises He gives me in these verses full me hope.  

I need to come to Him ... to be refreshed, to be renewed.   He knows what I need even when I don't.  The best part is that these promises are true for me... and for you.

So, I am taking Him up on His offer.  I am coming to Him and taking a week off.  This week I am stepping back and finding rest.  No work, no blogging, and maybe even no screen time for a good chunk of it.  More time with my husband and children, more fresh air, more play, and more time with Jesus.   I am feeling more relaxed knowing this.  

I know I will come back rested deep in my soul; He promises.  

If you are feeling weary and burdened, come to the Only One who can give you the rest you need.

Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen


2 comments:

  1. Rest my friend, because this should only bring you joy and not be a chore. Love your willingness to step back. Go spend some time in the garden and with you beautiful kids and thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann... I know how I am feeling is God"s way of saying I need to take a break from the hustle and bustle and just be for a week. Vacation is just at the perfect time:)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you all!