Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tortoise Tuesday - Making Peace With My Inner Lucy



I Love Lucy is one of my all-time favorite shows.  Lucy tickles my funny bone.  I love how she comes up with all of these great plans; plans that seem like good ideas at the time.  They are well thought out and she attacks them with gusto.  If you have ever watched the show, you know how the story goes... Lucy's plans start out smoothly and then, little by little, things go awry.  One mishap adds to another until mayham ensues. 

Sometimes I feel a little like Lucy... sometimes I feel a lot like Lucy.  See, there is a lot of Lucy inside of me.  I have all of these ideas inside of me bursting to get out.  In my mind, things go alot more effortlessly than in my real life.   Far more often than I would like, I start out gracefully like Audrey Hepburn, only to quickly end up more like Lucy.  I fumble, I fall. 

But here's the thing... I have finally made peace with this Lucy part of me and now embrace her.  And, here is what I have found...

~ Like Lucy, I laugh... a lot
~ I love with a passion
~ I may fail at times. but I jump right back in again
~ I live with gusto, much more so than if I tried to contain this part of me
~ My life is colorful and vibrant and never dull
~ Accepting the imperfections in myself, has let me appreciate the imperfections in others... perfectionism is highly over-rated and stressful
~ I am so much more comfortable in my own skin now
~ It is not the end of the world to stumble and fall... we all do
~ It is a lot more work trying to be someone who I am not
~ I am just who God intended me to be
 

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
 your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
 
 


Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen














No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!