Thursday, March 21, 2013

What Mallorie and Her Family Have Taught Me About True Joy

"Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn"

Romans 12:15



Sweet Mallorie with her beautiful smile! 

Today, my heart is hurting for a friend.  Her sweet 17 year old daughter, Mallorie, lost her battle with Lafora's Disease last night.  You can read more about Mallorie's story at these two websites-  Mallorie's Joy and Chelsea's Hope - Mallorie's Story

This is what I learned from Mallorie and her mom Jen... True joy isn't about the things you have, where you live, what job you hold, or all of the stuff that daily distracts us from what is truly important.   No, true joy is facing each day with love for your family, time with each other, and celebrating each and every blessing - no matter how big or how small.  In the face of a devastating illness, joy abounded.  And, that joy was beautiful... And contagious.

I pray that you all see that joy in your life... Not what you are missing but what you have... Right here, right now.  

Mallorie and Jen, it has been a gift to me to see your love and joy!    May The Lord hold you both...
 
Each day, I pray I see the beauty and blessings in my life,   And, I am clinging to this promise:

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. 
There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, 
for the old order of things has passed away.
Revelation 21:4

Praying you have many blessings and much joy - like Mallorie and her family have taught me!
Kristen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!