Wednesday, March 13, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Linking up with Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy for The Pleated Poppy - What I Wore Wednesday


I love the blog The Pleated Poppy.  Lindsey is so talented and has inspired me to take a couple extra minutes when I get dressed in the morning so I don't fall into a mama slump.  True beauty resides in our souls for sure.  But, I know when I take just a minute or two to think about what I am wearing, I feel better and I show my family that I care to dress up a bit for them and not just when I am out and about.
I do not think I am photogenic but I am going out on a limb and sharing with some pictures.   I hope you will be inspired to really see you are beautiful inside and out!  Take a little time to pick out an outfit that makes you feel special each day.  Be true to yourself and your style. You are a beautiful daughter of Christ!

 ~FYI - this does not cost a lot of money.  Most of my clothes are secondhand finds or deals that have cost very little!  Wear things you feel comfortable and make you feel special.

So here we go:

outfit for school


shirt - thrift store ($2.50)
skinny jeans (thrift store - got 4 pairs of really good for $15.50)
sweater - Bobs Stores - had $10 of $10 maybe paid $3 
boots - Walmart (on sale)
jewelry - by me (flower pendant Lia Sophia)


 Another School Outfit

mustard cardi - Old Navy (on sale - one of a couple staple items from this year)
tee shirt- second hand
skirt - by me... got the material from JoAnns and love it!



Running errands:








jeans - thrift store (from $15.50/4)
shirt - secondhand 
jewelry - necklace by me, earrings by my hubby and in-laws (more to follow in another post)



dress - clearance years ago - $8
boot socks - Target


Next week I am aiming to have higher quality pictures uploaded. I am a work in progress, as is this blog,  and I am learning to be good with that.   And, I have a challenge for you... each day take just a minute or two extra to put together your outfits.  Use what you have and what you love!  Try some new combinations from the clothes you already own.   

I want to leave you with this thought... you are a lovely daughter of the Most High and the truest beauty comes from deep within!

Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen





The Pleated Poppy - What I Wore Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!