Friday, May 3, 2013

Faith-Filled Friday - Be Still and Know I am God


      He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”


I'm sitting here on the couch nursing a bum shoulder.  A falling tree branch during a camp clean up injured it.   Since then, when I overdo it, my shoulder lets me know it under no uncertain terms.  So here I sit with ice, ibuprofen, and muscle relaxants;  I am grounded.  This is a challenge for me for I am thinker and a doer.  Since the "doing" has been stopped, the "thinking" takes over.  My thoughts run the gamut from... "My house needs to be cleaned.or "This (fill in the blank) would be a great project to do." to "What is this world coming to... with the breakdown of so many families and ... with so much senseless violence out there?"

"Be still and know that I am God" echos quietly in my heart and soul.    

At first, I fight this.... How can I be still when there is so much to do? ... When there are so many concerns on my heart.  But there it is again ... "Be still and know that I am God. ".   I hear it again and again as I sit here until I can longer crowd it out.  

This is right where I need to be.  Remember who is God and who is in charge.   So here I relax in my Father's arms... Being still and knowing He is God.

Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!