Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tortoise Tuesday - A Memo Board Makeover

Good Morning!

I have a little project to share with you today.


This is my old memo board:






The pictures don't show how faded the material is or how worn it looks...





I finally decided to tackle it instead of looking at it and disliking it.  So, I started to pull it apart...






Then, instead of buying new material, I looked in my fabric stash and found this pretty brown calico.  All I did was stretch it across to board and used a staple gun to secure it ( tip:  you want to do one staple on each of the four sides first to make it even)






I folded the material over on the corners ... they don't look nice on the back but no one will see them (well except all of you looking at this pic on the blog)




I added some rope I had leftover from the dollar store and some wooden clothespins...





This is how it looks now on the ledge above my desk... functional and pretty.  It cost nothing since I had the materials on hand.  I use it daily and it makes me smile.  All done in a half hour....




What project have you been putting off that you can get done if you just attack it?

Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!