Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday and a Proverb to Clothe Yourself In

Linking up today with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday.  Ladies, I am challenging you to take just an extra minute or two to get ready each day.  Try some new combinations.  It doesn't have to cost a lot of money (or any at all).  Experiment.  If you are looking for new ideas, check out Pinterest, magazines, or a woman whose style you like... find what looks good on you and makes you feel good.  I promise you will feel different.

Here are some outfits from the week:


wore this outfit to school for our annual Mother's Day Brunch for my students and their mamas.  This skirt was longer before but I didn't like it... I got some trim from a local fabric store, cut the skirt shorter and then added the ruffle trim.  Now I love it.  The shirt is from Old Navy - 4 years ago and I still wear it with so much!  Comfy but cute shoes since I was on my feet all morning!



Thrifted Old Navy skinny jeans... and a secondhand shirt... wish I had gotten a picture of the lace in back... such a pretty detail



Another Old Navy shirt from a few years ago... it is too bit now since I lost some weight... had some ribbon in my sewing stash, sewed it in back and now the shirt fits



Reappearance of my mustard cardi... best purchase in the Fall... I cannot believe how many ways I am able to wear it!  Here is an example of feeling off and putting on some cute clothes and feeling a bit better.  I have been having terrible shoulder trouble and had PT this day and some things also to do around the house.  It would have been so easy to just throw on sweats but instead I took a couple of minutes to throw and outfit together and it did change how I felt all day!



It was even a great outfit to try out my new bike.  
My dear hubby and son got it for me for Mother's Day.  I even got a cute wicker basket for the front!
Best part... this cruiser is designed in such a way that it doesn't hurt my shoulder when I ride.  And, the sheer joy of riding a bike all came back to me as I took it for a ride:)


And, since true beauty radiates from deep within your soul, here is a proverb to clothe yourself in:


My child, do not forget my teaching,
    but let your heart keep my commandments;
for length of days and years of life

    and abundant welfare they will give you.

Proverbs 3:1-2



Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!