Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thankful Thursday - The Cross, Wisteria, and More

In the book of Thessalonians it says:



"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, 
give thanks in all circumstances; 
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."



1 Thessalonians 5:16-18



This set of verses seems to be impressed upon my heart over and over lately.  These word rattle my discontent, comparisons, grumblings, and lack of gratitude to the many joys before me.  How easy it is to become complacent in noticing the countless joys around me?  My vision is easily clouded by my perceptions of how things are and my expectations of how things should be.  I am being refined;  molded and reshaped each day by the Lord.  And, I am realizing more and more how a to really live out these words in Thessalonians, I need to cultivate a grateful heart; open my eyes to blessings big and small all around me... fully live in this day.  Continually clearing out the weeds.  

 Each Thursday, I am pausing to record some of the wonder around me - in the great and in the little... 


The Cross... without Christ's lavish, unfathomable, radical gift, I would be nothing.
Forgiveness, grace, pure lavish love





Chocolate peanut butter bark... rich and delicious
You can find the recipe here:  The Stay at Home Chef


Using my mama's depression glass collection.  I miss her terribly - 
it has been 4 years since she passed away. 
 Using her depression glass brings a smile to my face thinking of her
 and how she collected it over the years.




Wisteria from my neighbor's yard 


We've lived in our house for 6 years now and each year the wisteria next door expands & 
drapes our fence in all its beautiful glory




this elastic band is from physical therapy... 
I am so thankful for the progress I am making with my shoulder 




Bike rides... it's true, you never really forget how to ride a bike!

Got my new bike for Mother's Day and have felt like a kid
again enjoying the simple pleasure of cruising along and feeling the wind blow!



So tell me... what are you thankful for today?  Leave me a comment below and let me know... 

Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!