Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday - And a Proverb to Clothe Yourself In

Linking up again with Lindsay from The Pleated Poppy  for  What I Wore Wednesday.  I think most of us have complaints with our bodies... doesn't matter if you are young, old, or in between.  I want us to remember we are precious daughters of God and created beautifully.  Won't you join me in the challenge to put a little extra into getting ready each day.  Find styles you like and that suit your figure.  It doesn't have to cost a lot.

Here are a few outfits from the week:


I bought this shirt on sale at Bob's Stores a while back.  The colors are such a great compliment to each other and I always feel good when I wear it.  
This time I paired it with some comfy brown pants and my leopard print shoes.   
So comfortable but cuter outfit than sweats!




I showed off my new red pants last week.. I got them at clearance at Wal-Mart and just love them.  I am surprised at how much they go with.  And, they are a change from my regular jeans or dark colored pants




They were perfect for a Memorial Day cookout!  




Saturday, I paired another top I got for a steal at Bob's Stores (this one is a few years older than the other)... I used to only wear it with a tan jacket but now am branching out....  try mixing up your clothes... very fun!  





Living in New England, I have learned that if you don't like the weather,
 just wait a few minutes and it will change.  
Saturday morning was warm and by that evening it was cooling down. 
For Sunday morning, I pulled out some boots, tights, and a sweater to go with this summer dress. 
 I have put all of my warmer clothes away but this combination with this dress was cozy warm!  
The picture is a little cock-eyed .. the outfit really did look better in person... honest!






Another old shirt that I got on clearance...
 this one was from Fashion Bug a few years ago (sadly, they are now out of business).   
Today was a super rainy day in the morning and I needed something bright and cheery to get me going.


So, how about it?  Will you take the challenge and pick out something nice to wear?  It will make you feel good and change your attitude.  

And, since true beauty comes from deep within, here is a Proverb to clothe your soul in...


"Do not be wise in your own eyes ; fear the Lord and shun evil.  
This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones."
Proverbs 3:7-8



Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen







No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!