Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Cultivating a Grateful Heart

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks;
 for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

I Thessalonians 5: 16-18



Gratitude and thanksgiving change everything.  As, I try to live out these verses in I Thessalonians, The Lord is refining me, molding me, pruning me.  Less focus on me and more on Him.  I am being changed.   The more thankful I am, the more I find to be thankful for... abundance, grace,and  joy grow.  Blooming where I am planted.   Seeing and feeling my heart and soul becoming more and more content regardless of my circumstances; not because of, or inspite of.

Here are a few things in my life that I am thankful for:



old things with character like this old glass knob that holds my curtain back



hanging laundry out to dry... the process slows me down...
and the scent that lingers on line-dried laundry is heavenly







lanterns... all shapes and sizes found throughout my house... giving light and charm




sunflowers... God's most joyful flowers





my blue-eyed Aunt Millie... so beautiful, loving, gentle, and nurturing... my family loves her so





our big old sectional filled with throw pillows where we sit and cuddle as a family... 
some of our most precious times are found here





our front porch with its chipped paint and sagging boards... 
I love times spent out here with my hubby in our rocking chairs


Intentionally looking for blessings in my life is changing me... less grumblings... more rejoicing... it'll change you too!

Praying you have many blessings and much joy!
Kristen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you all!